Technology Integration for everyone and BYOD for 4th and 5th grade!
We will continue to pilot the Bring your own device(BYOD) in our 4th and 5th grade classrooms this year. I shared some resources and we discussed procedures with those teams last week. As a school, be sure no devices are visible in the hallways or during dismissal. Keep them in the bookbag!
- Need some ideas for integrating technology in your class this year?
- Think about the 4C's and when you need HIGH engagement..Collaboration and Communication? brainstorming, feedback, asking questions about a text, math problem, or learning new vocabulary
- Top Tools from last year: Discovery Ed Board builder, Padlet, Google Docs, Google Slides, Kahoot, and BrainPop--Mindmaps New last year!
- My favorites: Nearpod, Google Forms (it will grade the assessments for you!) & Google Classroom - offer multiple ways for students to engage in the lesson!
- Check out these resources from WCPSS
- Here's our HES BYOD website and there are #tonsoftools (Deliver instruction, Student Practice, Assessing Learning, and Producing work)
Do you want an easy way to get student feedback and engage students in class discussion or asking questions? Try Google Classroom!
- In April, Google Classroom added the multiple choice and short answer options. It's a quick and easy way to poll your students, pre-assess or quick check for understanding!
- No longer want to see your 2015-16 google classes? Archive them! Here's how to (you can delete the class once it's archived) If you don't archive them, students will see the classes on their home screen and have access to them this year.
--->If you are interested in learning how to use anything you see above, please email me! I will get you started!
Pokemon Go.What is that? I wanted to end the update with the biggest craze to hit since Instagram and one I'm sure you will hear your kids talking about. Read about here.