Here are just a few trinkets I have seen and learned about over the last few weeks! Have a wonderful break and enjoy the crazy, awesome time you will have with family and friends during this time of year! Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!
Want to use songs or song lyrics in your lessons?
- This website offers songs with lyrics through the decades, ability to login and has crowd sourcing annotations.
- Video with song is usually included
Want to easily print a clean copy of an article from the internet with no ads, headers, etc?
- add the Print Clean Chrome extension
- not familiar with Chrome extensions, it's OK.
- Google Search: Print or PDF with CleanPrint - Chrome Web Store - Google
- Check out Mentimeter - free for educators!
- Students/audiences join with a code-NO LOGIN req'
- Submit the question to your students in seconds
- 8 different types of question formats including word cloud, open ended, polls, scales, matrix
- Turn audience results on or off
- options to change the theme of the page! Something for everyone!
Want to see how a high school teacher transformed apathetic students by applying Google's 20% time?
- The 20Time Project #20time is the book written by Kevin Brookhouser. Former English teacher, now a Computer Science teacher in CA
- He challenges his students to become "Wicked Problem Solvers" by finding a need or purpose for their project
- It's a twist on "Genius hour" where students choose a passion topic to learn independently, 20Time has an authentic audience or addresses a specific issue
- Myth about 20 Time - it has to last all year..Nope
- check out Seesaw! Think digital folders with voice, audio, drawing, photos, text, overlay drawings on photos
- It's web-based or as a free app. Works great on a phone or ipad
- Teachers and/or students can provide comments via audio or text - Quick and EASY
- Can include parents on this site so they can see what their student is doing and Comment